Welcome to DHS Scholarship Headquarters!
Local scholarships will be posted as we receive them.
You may also be interested in scholarship opportunities from the following free websites:
I know you all are busy, but there's free money out there! Many scholarship applications require essays, but you may be able to write one solid essay and then tweak it to use for other applications. Make sure to have someone proofread your essay and application before submitting it. There is a lot of scholarship money at colleges/universities through the institution and/or foundations. If you want to know if the college you have applied to has scholarships, search for the scholarship site on your college/university's website. Many institutional scholarship processes are different. Pay CLOSE attention to deadlines for admission applications and scholarship application deadlines. Don't let the money run out before you decide to apply!
Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program
Scholarships - up to $2,500 for students pursuing career or technical education in a post-secondary environment
Application deadline: June 15, 2019
Canvas Student Scholarship - Video Clip
Applicant must be at least 13 years old and be enrolled in an accredited K-12 school.
Create a video clip on how a college education will help you achieve your dreams.
Application deadline - June 21, 2019
Click here for application website and details
Wilshire Law Firm Student Scholar Award
Application Deadline: June, 28, 2019
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Student must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
- Student must be a senior in high school or a current undergrad with at least 2 semesters left.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must demonstrate involvement in community activities.
- Students must submit a 600-word essay describing the college major they’re interested in and why. Also, how they intend to utilize their degree to contribute to the community.
- Students must send an unofficial copy of their high school and/or college transcripts.
- Please send the application materials, via email or fax, on or before the June 28, 2019 deadline.
The Caring.com Scholarship
Application deadline: June 30, 2019
Interested students can submit either a 1,500-word essay or a two-minute video addressing the following questions:
- Who are you caring for and how are you involved as their caregiver?
- How has your role as a caregiver influenced the decision for your major/career path?
- How would this scholarship be helpful to you in your current student-caregiving role?
In addition to the essay or video, must also complete the online application form below.
2019 Mesothelioma Help Cancer Scholarship
Application deadline: July 20, 2019
Rosen & Ohr Law Firm's 2019 Essay Scholarship
Application Deadline: July 20, 2019
Cash award for the best student essay based on this prompt: "Write an essay explaining in detail how a serious accident involving you, a family member, or a close friend has impacted your life. This could have been a car crash, a slip-and-fall accident, a work-related injury, or any other serious accident."
You can view the link to the scholarship details and application here: www.rosenohrlaw.com/scholarship
Wellesley College Lupton Scholarship Fund
For students who want to attend Wellesley College and are planning to return to the Chattanooga Tri-State Area
College Board Opportunity Scholarships
MALDEF - Scholarship Guide for Latino Students
Army ROTC Scholarships
Fastweb Scholarships with various deadlines
Pay attention to deadlines!