Welcome to DHS Scholarship Headquarters!
Local scholarships will be posted as we receive them.
Pay close attention to deadlines! You may email completed applications/essays to me at email@example.com or drop them by the counseling office at DHS by the deadline. Feel free to email me with any questions!
Many institutional scholarships are awarded to students who apply to college early. The scholarship processes are unique to each institution. To find these college/university institutional or academic scholarships, look on the college/university website under Financial Aid or search Scholarships.
Pay CLOSE attention to deadlines for admission applications and scholarship application deadlines. Don't let the money run out before you decide to apply!
If you need to write something to apply for a scholarship or college, make sure to have someone proofread your essay and application before submitting it.
Good luck!!Mrs. Scibilia
Information about the HOPE Scholarship, the Zell Miller Scholarship and the HOPE Grant (for technical college) is on the GA Futures Website. You can check your HOPE G.P. A. on this website. When you complete the FAFSA, you automatically apply for HOPE.
Ronald McDonald House Scholarships:
This scholarship is a one-time, freshman award, the scholarship is typically $2000. Students who have an earned family income (EFC) over $25,000 are not eiligible to apply. Dalton HIgh has had many students receive this scholarship in the past. The deadline is January 30, 2023.
The Elbert Shaw Memorial Scholarship
Juniors and Seniors: The Application Period is now open for the Elbert Shaw Memorial Scholarship. Shaw Industries has partnered with United Way of Northwest Georgia to offer this $5000 Scholarship to two high school seniors and/or juniors. Don't forget to keep track of your 2022 volunteer hours! Applications are due January 2023
North Georgia EMC Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP UPDATE: Applications are open now through January 20, 2023 for two scholarships. Please help us spread the word to your senior class.
- NGEMC Chairman’s Memorial Scholarship- $2,500 awarded to one winner in each county served by NGEMC
- GEMC statewide Walter Harrison Scholarship- $1,000 awarded to a group of students at the state level.
- Student must live in a household with power served by NGEMC
- Student must be a graduating senior
- Required documentation due by January 20, 2023:
- Scholarship application
- High school transcript
- College acceptance letter (may be postponed until the student is accepted)
BBB Student Scholarship Program
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholars
- Earn a $10,000 renewable scholarship - up to $40,000 total - for tuition, school fees, books, supplies, and on-campus room and board
- Attend an exclusive, all-expenses-paid Scholars Retreat in California
- Receive support throughout their leadership journeys in college and beyond
Become part of a diverse network of more than 200 student leaders attending college, pursuing graduate degrees, and working in careers ranging from medicine, law, education, business, nonprofit, more. Recipients have been awarded $8.2 million to attend more than 100 college campuses across the country.
- Demonstrate the attributes of leadership, integrity, drive, and citizenship within their communities, schools, and workplaces
- Display strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent)
- Be citizens of the United States of America
- Be current high school seniors attending high school within the United States, (including any U.S. territories or commonwealths), and graduating in winter 2022 or spring 2023. Applicants living on a U.S. Armed Forces base and attending high school outside the U.S. are eligible.
- Plan to enroll in a full‑time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four‑year college or university in the United States for the entire 2023-2024 academic school year
Application Deadline is January 5th, 2023
Golden Door Scholarship
This scholarship if for undocumented students. The Application Deadline is Sunday, October 23, 2022.
Collegeboard Opportunity Scholarships
Class of 2022: Complete these 6 college planning steps for 6 separate chances at $500. When you finish all 6, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a $40,000 scholarship, but you can still earn money even if you don’t complete them all.
Seniors: Here is a great list to begin your scholarship search.
Click here for multiple scholarship opportunities. Pay attention to deadlines!
MALDEF - Scholarship Guide for Latino Students
Army ROTC Scholarships
Fastweb Scholarships with various deadlines
Pay attention to deadlines!
Scholarships for students with disabilities