Dalton High School
On-Campus School Day Parking
21-22 PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES FOR OBTAINING/KEEPING PARKING DECAL
Student must complete a student parking application form. (Must be signed by parent/guardian)
Student must submit the parking application and $30 fee to the Business Office at DHS.
Student and parent/guardian must complete and sign a random drug test consent form. All students who are issued a parking decal must consent to random drug testing.
Student must present the following: 1) Valid Driver’s License (driver’s permit is not accepted)
2) Proof of Insurance for all cars registered
3) Current Registration
4) $30 Decal Fee
5) Signed Random drug test consent form
1. Parking permit must hang from rear view mirror with permit number visible from the outside.
2. Lost Permits must be reported immediately. Replacement decals will cost $30.
3. Permits are NOT transferable between other students.
4. Only park in designated student parking locations. Teacher spots are identified with YELLOW/WHITE rectangular boxes.
5. Students loitering in parking area is prohibited!
6. The speed limit on campus is 5 MPH.
7. Should an accident occur on campus, you must inform a school resource officer (SRO) or an administrator before the vehicles are moved.
8. Student vehicles may be searched if there are reasonable grounds to believe that alcohol, drugs, stolen property, weapons or other contraband might be present in vehicle.
9. Dalton Public Schools is NOT responsible for any vehicle or its contents while on campus.
10. Vehicles parked on campus without a current parking decal can be ticketed and/or towed at owner’s expense.
NOTE: Students may lose the privilege to park on campus based on the guidelines below.
· Students must pass ALL courses first semester.
· Students must maintain 10 or fewer unexcused absences during current semester.
· Students cannot have more than 10 tardies to school and/or class during current semester.
· Are caught transporting students between campuses without permission.
Students are expected to follow all parking procedures and guidelines. It is important to remember that parking on campus is a PRIVILEGE! This privilege may be revoked if the parking procedures and guidelines are not followed. In addition, all students who violate the school’s code of conduct may have their parking privilege revoked. Failure to abide parking procedures and guidelines can result in citation, suspension, and/or revocation of parking privileges. Revoked decals WILL NOT be refunded. Violators will be ticketed at $25 per occurrence.
Painting Senior Parking Spaces
Spots will be chosen by first come-first serve basis.